Thursday, November 11, 2010

I would do anything for love, but I won't do That.

Meatloaf.
I did it. My first attempts at meatloaf were a success I would say. With a little (or alot) of help from the husband. It was a pretty simple first time recipe to start out with. Recipe found here ... http://www.skinnytaste.com/
We had all ingredients on hand already. I was almost positive Tony would laugh at me when I said I wanted to take pictures of the process and blog about it. Kinda nerdy. Surprisingly he didn't, although he had no interest in being in any of the pictures. But we'll work on that. 

 
My OCD list making tendencies at work.






Tony did this part. All ingredients mixed together.
Ground turkey, 1 egg, ketchup, and a few random spices.




One of my favorite things ever! This baby has come in so much use!
A wedding present from my Grandma!
  



We were ready to mix all of the ingredients and I turn around to grab a spoon.
Tony says "what are you doing?"
Me "getting a spoon to mix everything"
Tony with a mischievious look "No you gotta use your hands"
So I did.

After cooking for an hour it came out super delish! Tony loved it and I enjoyed it myself. It made the perfect amount - 4 servings. Since Tony and I are watching what we're eating. I had enough to take with me for lunch the next day. So that is all for our first adventure.

Next week :: Black Bean Turkey enchiladas.

4 comments:

  1. I'm very much not a fan of meatloaf in general, but that looked much tastier than anything I've encountered. I'd give it a try! And it was made with turkey, not mystery meat, so that wins me over. :) Good going! You should leave food samples on your blog. You would become much more popular that way. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post with all of the photo journaling! ooo...and it looks delicious.

    as far as steppin' out saturday, you just go to harpershappenings.com once she's posted her steppin' out saturday and at the bottom of the post, you can click to link to her blog. then you just copy her button and put it in the html code in your own post. it's pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome post jenny!!!
    I love meatloaf, hope it was delicious

    (MOM WHERE'S THE F***IN MEATLOAF!?....that's a wedding crashers reference)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum :) and I agree with Tony, you gotta use your hands.

    ReplyDelete