Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I Heart Food

I love food.
No really, like love at first bite change my life kind of love.
It may be kind of weird, but if you saw me you could probably tell that I've never met a cheeseburger, cookie, chipotle buritto ... or any other type of edible item I didn't like. It's a life long struggle/love-hate relationship. I love the food, my hips/ass/love handles hate the food though. It's an emotional thing for me. When I think of celebrating good times or hanging out with friends first thought is a restaurant or sharing a meal with my loved ones. I'm not sure exactly where I picked this habit up but I did. Although I know I have this habit, it's hard to change it.
The point is ... Even though my love of food is unquestionable, I'm not known for my cooking abilities. I guess my parents didn't quite teach me how to handle myself in the kitchen, but I feel my skills have improved 100%. Although I can cook a meal to please my husband, I don't have a large range of meals. Spaghetti, Tacos, Chicken ... all the mainstays. So I've made an {Early} New years resolution. Once a week Tony and I are going to try a new recipe, and I am going to blog about it.
On Tonight's menu is Meatloaf. Sounds simple enough. I've never made it before so it shall be a new experience for me. Stay tuned tomorrow, for the turn out ... hopefully minus burnt edges!
Pots & Pans for Christmas? I can take a hint.

4 comments:

  1. I like the look of your blog! And I liked this post. And I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear about your cooking expeditions, because heaven knows that I won't be venturing there myself anytime soon... or ever. I love having a husband who loves to cook. And I love that you are learning new dishes! Blog away, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh...i have a great recipe for meatloaf, perfect for two people, and super easy. they're super cute little individual loaves.

    in a large bowl, beat 1 egg. add 1/4 cup milk, 1/3 c. crushed saltines, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. rubbed sage and a dash of pepper. crumble 1/2 lb. beef over mixture and mix well. shape into two loaves; place in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray.

    combine 1/4 cup ketchup, 2 T. brown sugar and 1/4 tsp. worcestershire sauce; spoon over meat loaves. bake @ 350 for 40-45 min. or until meat is no longer pink.

    i'm sure yours will turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum. I heart food too. I love watching cooking shows on pbs. someday I think i'll try something they do on there.

    ReplyDelete