Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Don't drink the water.

We have an epidemic people! A baby epidemic. Seriously though, everywhere I go all I see are babies or pregnant bellies. There are atleast 5 pregnant girls in my area at work, and even more that have given birth in the past few months. Then there is family, my adorable nephew James who I am dying to hold and squeeze! My brother's girlfriend is pregnant, my cousin... so on... I'm not complaining who doesn't love a cute baby to hold. But I'm getting to the age where people are starting to put pressure on me to start reproducing. Tony and I have been married over a year now and I'm clearly not getting any younger. I'm just not ready. As much as I love those little bald heads and adorable giggles, I just can't see myself caring for one. It seriously scares the crap out of me. Tony is a bit older than me he'll be 29 this year so I think his biological clock is ticking. When I think of being a mom though, I think of someone who has their life together and figured out. I am not that person.

I know everyone says "you can never be prepared for a baby", But I disagree. I think you can plan ahead and make sure you are financially prepared, and that is all I want. All my life I dreamed of getting married and having a wedding, but never in those dreams did a baby pop up. I hope someday I'll just magically be ready. Until then these 2 are enough of a handful for me.
Yeah they look cute and innocent. It's all an act!
To end on a positive note, I know someday we will have kids maybe in the next couple of years. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a little twinge in my utureus when ever I see a cute baby. TMI? Maybe.


Baby Jen.


Baby Tony, Can you believe that blonde hair?


3 comments:

  1. ugh I feel ya girlfriend.
    Let's get through it together, put the pressure on Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... I remember when that picture of Tony was taken! He was cute once upon a time. ;)

    And I will tell you that you will know when it's the right time to start your family. You just will. I was 29 when I had my first baby & that was the right time for me. And I'll tell you this, too... I saved up what I thought was a decent "nest egg" while I was pregnant so that we'd be prepared for the baby, thinking that it'd make me feel more secure. And you know what happened? A month before James was born, we had something big (& unexpected) come up financially that completely wiped out my ENTIRE savings account. David still had a little put away, but we had this baby with a lot less money than we'd planned on & since I had to stop working, we lost 2/3 of our income, too. It's hard, but everything still seems to be working out for us so far.

    The point of that was to let you know that though financial planning is very wise, I think that emotional planning is much more important. I know that if I'd had this little dude before I was ready, I would seriously have lost it a long time ago! So don't let anyone pressure you. Don't put it off because of money or something, but make sure that the timing is right for both of you.

    *stepping off of the soap box*

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you! you can't do everything to be perfectly ready for a baby, but there are definitely measures to take to be as prepared as possible!

    thanks fo stopping by my blog! (:

    ReplyDelete