Sunday, March 7, 2010

The weekend

I finally had a full weekend off. These seem to be few and far imbetween. Friday I walked around the mall with my friend Ann after work for a bit. I didn't buy anything. Tony and I have put ourselves on a specific budget. We each get $25 a week, for eating out lunch or if we want to buy something. Then we share
$50 for the weekend. Definantely not much, but if we are serious about saving and buying a house it's a must. The first week went pretty well. Friday I didn't spend any money.
 Saturday we went and looked at houses for the first time. It was very exciting and fun. Rae's mom Brenda was nice enough to set all of it up. We found one we really fell in love with. So we will see where that goes. It is in Hilliard, so I would be going back to my old hometown. Kind of sweet :) Then we had lunch with liz up at Bdubs while Dave was working. Saturday night I went out with some friends from work. We work so much, so we don't get to do hardly anything fun together outside of work. We went downtown and had some drinks and dinner at a bar. A place called LeveL in the Short North. We drank and ate, and danced around in our seats. Today we woke up and I made breakfast sandwiches for Tony and I. We just kind of vegged around. And Tony picked up around the house. It's so NICE to have a husband that cleans. Especially since I'm not the best or fondest of it! I am very appreciative of that!
The weather was nice today. Compared to the past few months. We took the dogs for a walk and then stopped for some ice cream. The trick is finding cheap/free activities we can do. Or just picking one day to do something. Unfortunantely it is back to work tomorrow. We go on vacation in a couple of weeks. It can't get here soon enough! And it'll be my birthday while we're gone. Kind of looking forward to that. We'll see!

3 comments:

  1. house hunting sounds like so much fun! I'm excited to see where you guys end up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pictures of the house look really cute on here. Thanks for letting me set it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Tony sent me a link to the online listing & it looked super cute. Keep me posted on how everything goes!

    ReplyDelete