Monday, December 6, 2010

Big Bones??

I've been hearing this one for quite a while. Unoriginal and hurtful. "Oh honey you're not fat, your just have bigger bones." What the heck does that mean anyways? It's not a "nice" way of saying it, it's mean! That sparetire has nothing to do with my bones, big or not. Although I sound like a broken record, my weight has ALWAYS always always been a sore spot for me. As I get older it's not getting any better. I've slowed down with my desk job, and dinners out have certainly helped with packing on the pounds. For a while I pretended not to notice. My pants were shrinking, it had nothing to do with the 3zillion calories I just inhaled in faster than an asian guy can eat hotdogs. Well Tony and I together finally decided to do something about it and have both been attending weight watchers together. I've technically been doing it since February, all by myself which wasn't going very successfully. Now that Tony has started doing it with me I have successfully lost weight each week. I have lost 16 pounds now and Tony has lost 14. Although I realize I still have a long way to go, I'm feeling pretty good about what I've done so far. I gotta a little more swag in my step hehe. People are finally starting to notice and my clothes are getting a little looser. I have set a goal for my self to be in a single size dress for Liz's wedding. I told someone that, and they informed me with my hips that may not be realistic. Oh well, I'm doing it despite my baby bearing hips and my big bones. I have 7 months which is more than enough time. I know this is going to be a life long struggle, but I will not let my "big bones" get in the way!

2 comments:

  1. 16 pounds!? that's amazing/awesome, I'm so impressed! Can't wait to see you in just a few weeks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's one of the hardest things someone can do. Right up there with quitting cigs. So 16 pounds is awesome. You can do it! Just be nice to yourself, cuz there's plenty of people out there who are mean...

    ReplyDelete